Wondering what you can do to have the best photo session? Here is my best advice so you can make the most out of your photo session.
Preparation Tips and Tricks
Preparation is probably the single best investment for success of your photo session. Without enough prep, the session might be a chaotic, confusing, and frustrating experience for you and your group. Too much obsession over preparation and you can be stressed.
Here are some general guidelines for session prep:
- Ask me! Sounds obvious, but I’m here to answer questions and help you get comfortable. If you don’t know, ask. If you are concerned, contact me, if you forgot, Ill help you!
- Use email and texting… this way you can go back and find the details in black and white.
- Make a list of shots and concepts you like, send me links or examples from my website.
- Make sure to discuss the number and ages of the group, and review any issues for mobility and timing BEFORE we schedule. Old people and younger ones might not be able to walk as far or up and down stairs and ramps as easy. Little ones often need to be at their best, which means after naps, not before.
- What do you want to do with the pictures? Are you going to print them, archive them, or send them to someone?
In depth posts about specific topics